The WUR community is home to all the flavours of the world. Laura Bergshoef (26), a Master’s student of Climate Studies and Geo-information Science, shares an easy veggie dish.
‘It’s been nearly 10 years since I first started living on my own. I moved to London in the same year that it became bizarrely expensive to buy pounds with euros and house prices soared. Out of necessity I learned to cook simple dishes with few ingredients. Now, 10 years later, that’s still in my system. You can keep the rösti dish below as simple as you like. It is quick to prepare and very tasty. The recipe comes from my favourite cookery book Het vegetarische kookboek- snel en simpel koken met 3 – 6 ingrediënten (Vegetarian cooking with 3 – 6 ingredients). The potato and carrot rösti in the photo are from this book. You can vary the other vegetables.’
Ingredients for 1 person:
- 1 large potato
- 4 carrots
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Pepper and salt
- Boil the broccoli in a pan for 3 minutes while pre-heating the oven to 185°C. Then put the broccoli in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Peel and grate the potato and three large carrots. Wring out the mixture in a tea towel and add pepper and salt to taste. Shape it into patties.
- Fry the potato patties in olive oil on a medium heat: 5 minutes on each side.
- Cut the bell pepper and the remaining carrot.
- Place the rösti, broccoli, pepper and carrot pieces on a plate.
- Enjoy your meal!
10-euro lunch voucher
Share your recipe with Resource and get an Aurora voucher worth 10 euros: firstname.lastname@example.org.