All the flavours of the world can be found in the WUR community. MSc student of Environmental Sciences Elena Olivera Begue (25) shares a dish that reminds her of home in Barcelona.
‘This dish is special to me because it reminds me of my grandmother. She used to cook it when we visited her on Sundays, and it was always a relaxing moment with the family. She makes it with meat, but I recently changed my dietary preferences, so my version is vegetarian. I don’t know what the original name of this recipe is, but I call it Arritas. That combines the words for rice (arroz) and vegetables (verduritas).’
Ingredients (for four)
- olive oil and salt
- 2 large carrots, diced into ½ cm cubes
- 2 red or green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tin of green peas
- 1 packet of tomato sauce
- 400g tofu, cubed (instead of the traditional sausages or chorizo)
- 4 portions of fast-cooking rice
- Heat the olive oil and add the carrots.
- After 10 minutes, add the peppers.
- Fry the peppers thoroughly (for at least 10 minutes), add the tofu and fry until golden-brown. Add salt to taste.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir carefully. Fry for 13-15 minutes.
- Mix in the rice and green peas.
- Gradually add water until the rice is well-cooked.
- Take the dish off the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Which dish reminds you of home? Share it with Resource and win an Aurora dining voucher worth 10 euros if your recipe is published! email@example.com