You encounter all the flavours of the world in the WUR community. Stevan Paunovic, is a Plant Sciences MSc student from Zurich, share a recipe for ‘ugly pizza’.
‘This dish comes from a small Croatian town on an island in the Adriatic Sea. The cuisine of this island was heavily influenced by both Croatian and Italian cuisine. My grandmother taught me how to make this dish, but as we can’t get all the ingredients here in the Netherlands, I have adapted it a bit.
‘The main ingredient, the local fish “zubatac”, is hard to find here in the Netherlands so I usually replace it with vegetarian fish fingers (which taste very similar after frying and are better for the environment). The other main ingredient is bread. In the original recipe you use bread that is like a small pizza mozzarella but with slightly different herbs. I would recommend just using whatever bread you prefer; you can’t go wrong here. The last two ingredients are rocket and mayonnaise.’
- (vegetarian) fish fingers
- pizza base or other round bread
- Arrange the fish fingers like the rays of the sun on half of the pizza.
- Heat the oven to 200 °C and bake the bread for 10 minutes.
- Take the pizza out of the oven and cut it in half so you’ve got one half with fish fingers and one half without.
- Spread mayonnaise and sprinkle rocket over the half with the fish fingers.
- Cover it with the other half of the pizza.
Tasty with a glass of chilled white wine. Enjoy it!