The WUR community is home to all the flavours of the world. Stefano Fazzari is an exchange student from Italy. He shares a recipe for pasta al forno.
‘Pasta al forno is one of my favourite dishes because it reminds me of Sunday lunch, when all the family is at home enjoying a meal together. This is really a recipe for using up leftovers and you can use anything you’ve got in your fridge. My mum’s version uses minced meat but as I said, any type of sauce works in this pasta dish.’
Ingredients for one small oven dish (30x20cm)
- 500g pasta
- 2 or 3 mozzarella cheeses, sliced
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano to taste
- 500 ml tomato puree
- Half a carrot
- Half a head of celery
- Half an onion
- 200g minced meat
- A dash of olive oil
- A dash of red wine
- Chop the onion, carrot and celery. Make ‘soffrito’ by frying them in a pan.
- Add the meat, and once cooked, a dash of wine.
- Once the wine has evaporated, add the tomato puree. Simmer for at least half an hour. Season to taste.
- Once the sauce is ready, cook the pasta in salted water. Cook the pasta for a shorter time than suggested on the packaging.
- Drain the pasta and add the sauce and the sliced mozzarella.
- Put everything in the oven dish with more mozzarella on top and sprinkle with Parmigiano.
- Put the dish in a pre-heated oven for 5-10 minutes at 180/190°C. Then turn on the grill and grill the dish for another 5 minutes. Buon appetito!
Win a lunch voucher!
Share your recipe with Resource and win an Aurora lunch voucher worth 10 euros: firstname.lastname@example.org.